Tweeting, linking, Facebooking and you think you’ve got privacy? UCI panel will discuss the need for developing secure network infrastructure.
As new devices, applications and users proliferate, the wireless networks linking them must further develop to ensure reliability, security and mobility for an increasingly connected population. The Calit2 “Igniting Technology” series continues with a look at network growth, infrastructure demands and application challenges. The “Network Generation” panel of researchers, policymakers and investors will share their strategies for confronting these issues. Panelists include:
- Paul Dourish, UCI Laboratory for Ubiquitous Computing & Interaction
- Magda El Zarki, UCI Donald Bren School of Information & Computer Sciences
- Craig Gunther, Blade Ventures
- Nicholas Ilyadis, Enterprise Networking Group, Broadcom Corp.
- Gene Tsudik, UCI Secure Computing & Networking Center
- Michael Guiliana, moderator, Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear LLP
“Igniting Technology” is a semiannual event highlighting research and funding opportunities to address social and scientific concerns.
California Institute for Telecommunications & Information Technology, UC Irvine (bldg. 325, grid H8 on campus map)