EVENT: The UCI Paul Merage School of Business’ annual Latinx Initiative (LXi) conference will bring together prominent thought leaders, industry experts and innovators. They will discuss critical topics surrounding Latino leadership, inclusion and entrepreneurship in the new economy. The theme of this year’s two-day event is “Latinx Excelencia: Unleashing Economic Power of the Mainstream Economy.” Attendees will gain insights into creating inclusive workplaces, harnessing diverse talents, understanding the evolving Latino market and driving growth for Latino business owners.
WHEN/WHERE: 3:30-6 p.m. Friday, Oct. 13, and 8 a.m.-1:30 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 14, at UCI’s Paul Merage School of Business, located at 4293 Pereira Drive, Irvine, CA 92697. Parking is available in the Social Sciences Parking Structure (grid D6/D7 on this campus map: https://parking.uci.edu/maps/documents/UCI-MainCampusMap-REV012320-23.pdf).
INFORMATION: Registration is free and open to the public. Registration link is here: https://na.eventscloud.com/ereg/index.php?eventid=760468&.
The conference begins Friday afternoon with an opening reception and the KIA Case Competition, which is open to all UCI students and provides teams with support to identify, develop and deliver their innovative ideas.
After a networking breakfast Saturday, four expert panels will dive deep into the following topics:
- Latinos in leadership: Creating workplaces that foster skill development, inclusion and industry impact
- Data-driven and culturally in-tune marketing: Insights across industries
- Unleashing Latino market power: Insights from the financial industry
- Tapping into the fastest-growing segment of the Latino mainstream economy: Exploring and uncovering new market opportunities
Featured speakers include:
- Ian Williamson, dean of The Paul Merage School of Business
- Anna Escobedo Cabral, 42nd U.S. treasurer, who will deliver the keynote address
- Zulema Garcia, senior vice president for Herbalife and Skechers board member
- Marisa Perez, senior vice president of growth acceleration, PepsiCo Foods North America
- Jay Garcia, global tech education leader, Alteryx
- Rene Interiano, executive vice president of marketing, Living Spaces
- Gelssy and Gipsy Rodriguez, founders, Moda 2000
- Isaac Mizrahi, marketing executive and author of Hispanic Market Power
Media planning to attend should contact Cara Capuano at 949-501-9192 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Attendance and parking are complimentary for media who RSVP in advance.
BACKGROUND: The Latinx Initiative at UCI’s Paul Merage School of Business was formed in response to the rapidly growing number of Latino business professionals in Orange County and the surrounding Southern California area. LXi’s ultimate goals are to build community, create awareness of the growing and talented Latino business and student populations, and provide inclusive programming for career and leadership development.
Now in its third straight year, the LXi conference is a forum dedicated to Latino business leaders, students, alumni and key stakeholders in the region who are interested in professional impact and advancement in numerous fields, including finance, health, human resource management, auditing, accounting, marketing, sales, operations, data analytics, public relations and administration.
For UCI breaking news, visit news.uci.edu.