Anteaters contribute so much to the community every year, and 2022 was no exception. One graduate student was invited to speak on mental health at the White House; an undergraduate launched a nutrition-based startup to help people make informed decisions about the food they consume; and 11 Anteaters wrapped up their 2021-22 studies abroad through the Fulbright Program.
More people than ever want to be part of the UCI community. For the second year in a row, UCI received the most applications in campus history, and the university remains the top UC choice for in-state, first-generation students.
Here are a few highlights:
- UCI receives most applications in campus history for 2nd year in a row
- UCI is a top producer of 2021-22 Fulbright scholars
- A pharmacy-nursing sister duo hope to improve the communication landscape of healthcare
- Cal-Bridge offers funding and mentors to promising undergrads seeking Ph.Ds in science
- Another world record! Anteaters claim Guinness title for largest game of red light/green light
- Starting up to get ahead: Catlin Tran combines her interests with entrepreneurism for a new company, Nutripair
- Using her power to empower others: Dinorah Hernandez is driven to inform and lift her community to overcome inequities
- UCI commencement culminates with Angel Stadium celebration
- #IamUCI – Anteater class of ’22 is ready to tackle the future
- The other March madness: Match Day