December 1, 2022
2022 Year in Review – Sensational students
A year of groundbreaking growth and accomplishments
Anteaters contribute so much to the community every year, and 2022 was no exception. One graduate student was invited to speak on mental health at the White House; an undergraduate launched a nutrition-based startup to help people make informed decisions about the food they consume; and 11 Anteaters wrapped up their 2021-22 studies abroad through the Fulbright Program.
More people than ever want to be part of the UCI community. For the second year in a row, UCI received the most applications in campus history, and the university remains the top UC choice for in-state, first-generation students.
Here are a few highlights:
- UCI receives most applications in campus history for 2nd year in a row
- UCI is a top producer of 2021-22 Fulbright scholars
- A pharmacy-nursing sister duo hope to improve the communication landscape of healthcare
- Cal-Bridge offers funding and mentors to promising undergrads seeking Ph.Ds in science
- Another world record! Anteaters claim Guinness title for largest game of red light/green light
- Starting up to get ahead: Catlin Tran combines her interests with entrepreneurism for a new company, Nutripair
- Using her power to empower others: Dinorah Hernandez is driven to inform and lift her community to overcome inequities
- UCI commencement culminates with Angel Stadium celebration
- #IamUCI – Anteater class of ’22 is ready to tackle the future
- The other March madness: Match Day